On Feb 15th we migrated the MoinMoin powered OpenStack wiki to a new wiki powered by MediaWiki. Overall the migration went well. There was a large amount of cleanup that needed to get done, but we followed up the migration with a doc cleanup sprint. The wiki should be in a mostly good state. If you happen to find any articles that need cleanup, be bold!
So, what’s new with the wiki?
- All articles now have discussion pages
- It’s possible to make PDFs out of individual pages or to create a book (as a PDF or an actual physical book) from collections of articles
- Uploads are global and can be used in multiple articles
- Templates can be written using Lua
- Layout of articles can use Twitter’s Bootstrap, thanks to the strapping-mediawiki skin
- There’s a mobile view, though mobile device detection won’t be enabled until next Wikimedia branch-point release (1-2 weeks)
- Many more features available in MediaWiki that don’t exist in MoinMoin
Let me know if there’s any issues you run into with the new wiki.